Friday, February 15, 2013

Festive Fridays Guest Designer

If you are looking for the MADE WITH LOVE blog hop, scroll down or click HERE


Meredith MacRitchie has a new challenge out to help you get ready for the holiday's! Her challenge is called Festive Fridays. Every 2 weeks a new challenge is up to help you create those holiday projects nice and early.

She has graciously asked me to guest for her. The challenge is RUSTIC COUNTRY HOLIDAY THEMED PROJECT.

uhhh...I don't do rustic. So this is my version of rustic.



1. die cut the word blessed using silhouette file in kraft card stock
2. white emboss the flowers on the word (I used Folk Art Flowers by Wplus9)
3. Emboss woodgrain impression plate from PTI onto chartreuse card stock
4. ink edges of chartreuse with antique linen or brown ink
5. punch hearts (this one is by stampin' up) pop up below word
6. bling and tie twine for finishing touches



the challenge ends Feb 27th at midnight PST
new challenges and prizes on the 15th of the month
shout outs will be given to fab designers throughout!

and now I am going to quote Meredith because she explains it best: 
We're going to draw a winner from players who participate in 15 or more of our challenges (there will be 20 by year's end), and offer $40 to spend at their favourite online store (we'll give a choice of three that we trust). Basically, players will be asked to showcase all their FF projects by the last challenge of the year, and we'll draw one.

Thanks Meredith for having me and go play along...maybe I will learn a few things about this RUSTIC thing and how it's done proper. 





28 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love the little flowers embossed on the die cut word!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wida!!! This is gorgeous!!!! I love the dangling twine (yours dangles perfectly, how do you do that?!) and I love the patterned die cuts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can dig a rustic kinda vibe here. Rustic chic, let's call it. I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The white embossing on Kraft looks AMAZING! The rest of the card looks amazing too! Great choice of colors, and I agree with Taheerah, the twine is dangling perfectly. Happy too see you back :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well look at you being all rustic and whatnot! Hee hee. Seriously, this came out great. I think the diecut word is so sweet in that paper and I love the little gems on the hearts and the twine. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You sure can do rustic!! Beautiful card, Wida!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definitely would have been stumped with a prompt like that! Awesome job, Wida! Your twine is so artfully tied too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's purty! It works just wonderfully for rustic ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you pulled it together! I think it's elegant-rustic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh you've used those gorgeous WP9 blooms! They look wonderful embossed on the word Blessed!! I tho k your use of the green and Kraft with the touch of twine is perfectly rustic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wida...uhhh, you just rocked the rustic girl! Love the twine and woodgrain and the inking on the kraft. Awesome!!! And thanks for your sweet words. It means a lot. Hugs and have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. uhhh...You're so funny! You do have a way with twine! LOVE those folksy white flowers on kraft...Rustic YUMMM!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks perfect! Wonderful card - thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the simplicity of this one Wida, particularly your "patterned paper"

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wida you got me with the cut letters with the embossed flowers - really creative - never would have thought of that. It ties together beautifully with the embossed woodgrain background! And your twine just brings it all together!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on your guest spot at Festive Holidays. What a great idea to get holiday cards done throughout the year! I love this "rustic" card. Love, Love, Love the embossed chartreuse paper and those gorgeous die cut letters. It's a beautiful card Wida.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wida this is so pretty! I love the green background! Those embossed flowers are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You do rustic very well--I love this, Wida!
    My favorite part besides the embossed flowers and woodgrain background? The swirling twine!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh man ... Wida + Rustic Country Charm = this is gonna be reaaally interesting!! Well you tackled this challenge like the pro you are. Contempo-country. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So CAS - and so FABULOUS!!!! Love your card! Hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well I'm lovin' your version of rustic, Wida! The twine is the magic touch methinks ;D
    Hugs!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wait? You stamped that? I thought it was cut out of patterned paper! Fabulous, and the twine is perfect. Love the long tails.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am so sorry it took me too long to get here!! I have been chasing my tail all weekend...

    I LOVE this card - you know that - and I think you're crazy... you did rustic just perfectly!! Thank you SOO much for guesting for us, I am so honoured you agreed!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. the little flowers on the sentiment is such a sweet touch. love love this beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by...