Saturday, June 8, 2013

Nina and Meetings...

My blog buddy Nina Yang has some amazing new stamps and matching die out and I have been seeing fellow designers like Suzanne Dahlberg, Jennifer Rzasa, JJ Bolton, Joni Andaya,  Taheerah,  and Elena Roussakis blow me away with their creations. Here is what I came up with  (crossing fingers, holding my breath)...




Simply Tags can be found at Avery Elle!

       



So I am halfway through my weight loss journey. Starting to lose a little focus, but pushing to move forward. 

I am also trying to work on not yelling so much at my kids. It's times like these that I can certainly feel the stress of 4 kids. Sometimes I joke and say, I would be an awesome parent of a single child. But get them all together and it's a madhouse! 

 Lance and I have "meetings" every few months to see how we are doing as a couple, parents, and family. Our last meeting revealed that we have started to notice we are yelling more. After some brainstorming, I came up with a yell jar. If you yell, your name goes in the jar and you do not get to see a movie TODAY! (it's been one week). If you do something merit worthy, then a person can choose to remove your name from the jar. This gives everyone a chance to be rewarded for good behavior too and it makes us conscious of how we are responding and finding other ways to interact other than yell. I am happy to report we have no names in the jar today. And the noise level in our house is down. 

Sometimes it helps to have "meetings".  Sadly, there were no donuts or coffee provided :(


21 comments:

  1. Very awesome Wida! Love the bright colours teamed with the tag and twine - looks like a pretty present all packaged up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love family meetings. You are an awesome mama. And, your card is so bright and happy! I love how you used that lonely little polka dot stamp and created a party on your tag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And now I can add your name to the list of designers I've seen rocking Simply Tags stamps and dies! :)
    Fabulous use of twine - so very, very sweet!
    Hope your name isn't in the yell jar over this weekend! ;D
    Hugs!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love the idea of making the focal panel look like a gift, Wida! So fresh and clever!!! I also love the confetti look you created with the tiny dot! So fun! Thank you so much, Wida!!! {HUG}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Family meetings and yell jar sounds so much fun, haha! Have a great weekend Wida! Which movie are you going?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tag card is terrific, looks so good against the graphic background. Love the idea of a yell jar, but give yourself credit, you have ALOT on your plate and I think you do a great job to make it work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wida, the card is beautiful! Keep the focus on the weight loss journey. The easiest approach I find is to not look at it in a timeframe, but to tell myself it is a lifestyle change forever. Make sustainable changes, and you'll do just fine. ;-) You are an amazing parent. Great idea on the yell jar. Sometimes (often) I need one of those, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cutie patootie card with Nina's new stuff. So glad you had a good day and the noise is down. You know what else keeps the noise down...brownie sundaes...lol! Well, it works for the noise, not the hips!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the gift packaging design. super fun and cute! love it, Wida!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool "gift" and gift tag Wida - LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You can have endless fun with Nina's tags! Love how yours turned out, and how your card base is the gift. Soooo clever! And so is your Yell Jar. Good luck with it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your cute tag. Congratulations on your weight loss to date. I think your "yell jar" is a great idea. It brings attention to all the yelling. Good luck with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wida you mean blow you away like yours is to me?? Your card and tag are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wida not only are you creatively talented in your crafts but you're also creatively talented in problem solving! Love your ideas and this fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The yell jar might be renamed the Miriam jar at my house..... But back on point, I really love this card, and the gift box design. Great bold paper and I love the little yellow dots on the tag!

    ReplyDelete
  16. While I love your card - it ROCKS, your solution to yelling is fabulous - but the best is the "reward" of having a name removed! What fabulous POSITIVE parenting -- GOOD for ALL of you! :) I did have only 1 child -- its just a different set of challenges for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adorable Wida! Love the idea of a yell jar :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cracking card! Do love Nina's set too. Think your jar idea is inspired. Might see if it would work in our house!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really like the card Wida, luv the sentiment and tag. I can only imagine having 4 kids, whoa :) Funny because I don't have any kids and I yell quite often ... at my husband, hehe!

    Hugs,
    C :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous card, Wida!
    And great idea with the yelling jar-- and the meetings sound good, too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by...